Grand Master Hwang, the third person to be graduated to the rank of Grand Master (9th Dan) by General Choi, will be in Canberra for a seminar from Friday May 23rd through Sunday May 25th. The Seminar will be held on the grounds of Telopea Park School in Barton (directions: New South Wales Crescent, Barton ACT 2600) in the Main Gym. The Gym is circled in red below and entrance to the school grounds is indicated by the red arrow:
While much of the weekend is focused on Black Belt basics and patterns, all ranks are invited and encouraged to participate during all aspects of the seminar! Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon are likely to be the only times that Color Belts will sit and watch much of the time.
Approximate Schedule of Events:
- Friday 6-9pm – Basics + Patterns (Colored Belt Focus)
- Saturday 9-12noon – Basics (Black Belt Focus)
- Saturday 2-5pm – Patterns (Black Belt Focus)
- Sunday 9-12noon – Referee Course and International Instructor Course (Black Belt Focus)
- Sunday 2-5pm – Black Belt Grading (Power Breaking, Sparring, Self-Defense)
Be sure to arrive in dobok and ready to train no less than 15 minutes before the above listed start-times!
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Pen and pad (to take notes)
- Change of clothes on Saturday/Sunday (to wear at lunch)
Also please be sure to have a clean dobok!